Beach Castle Self Catering
Self-catering holiday accommodation in positively the most sought-after location in the comely coastal town of Still Bay. This holiday rental sits right on the western bank of the Goukou River mouth into the Indian Ocean. Step over the street, take the steps down to the riverside and beach. A haven for the water sports fan because this is where everything is happening and within walking distance to boot. If you rather prefer leisurely walks along the river and beach, this is the place to be. Or just relax on the patio or balcony and enjoy the phenomenally glorious view over the estuary, the sea as well as the wide blue flag swimming beach on the eastern side of the river.
Accommodation at Beach Castle
This self-catering holiday house consists of 2 units which can each sleep 4 adults plus 2 children on a sleeper couch.
Luxury unit on ground level: (Beach Castle 1)
This unit has 2 bedrooms each with an en-suite bathroom. The main bedroom has a double bed and the other bedroom has 2 single beds. The main bedroom has a full bathroom (bath and shower) and the other bathroom has a shower only. In the open plan living area/kitchen is also a double sleeper couch for children. Bed linen as well as towels are provided.
Furthermore there is a dining table, a breakfast nook, a fireplace, a TV and a DVD player as well as a patio overlooking the river mouth and the sea. The kitchen is of course fully equipped for self-catering with items such as a fridge-freezer, stove with oven and extractor fan and microwave oven. Also a kettle, coffee-maker, toaster, iron as well as a washing machine.
This apartment has a built-in braai inside and is also wheelchair friendly/enabled.
Family unit on the first level: (Beach Castle 2)
The top unit has 1 bedroom with a queen-size bed and a shared full bathroom with bath as well as a shower. There is also a loft area with 2 single beds and a sleeper couch. Then there is an open-plan living area and kitchen with another sleeper couch as well as a TV and DVD player, opening onto a balcony overlooking the sea and garden.
The kitchen is fully equipped for self-catering with items such as a fridge-freezer, stove with oven and extractor fan and a microwave oven. Also a coffee-maker, kettle, toaster, iron as well as a washing machine. There is a braai area on the balcony with a splendid view to enjoy while having a sundowner with your friends or family.
Beach Castle Self Catering Facilities
- Fully equipped kitchen with items such as fridge-freezer, stove with oven and extractor fan, microwave oven, kettle, coffee-maker, toaster
- Heater as well as a
- Hair dryer
- Linen and also towels are supplied
- TV with satellite TV, MNet, DSTV as well as a DVD player
- Laundry facilities such as a washing machine, iron and ironing board
- Braai/barbecue of course
- Safe parking on premises
- No credit card facilities – cash or EFT
- Also no smoking inside the building, and likewise
- No pets
- Wheelchair enabled and also
- Cleaning services on request
Activities and Attractions in Still Bay and Surrounds
- Nature lovers can enjoy bird watching, walking and hiking, whale watching in the whaling season (July-November) as well as game drives.
- Water sports lovers have a range of exiting activities such as swimming, paddling, surfing, scuba diving as well as water skiing, windsurfing, and kayaking. Also body boarding, sand boarding, rock fishing, river fishing and deep sea fishing.
- For the more academically inclined Still Bay and surrounding offers the ancient fish traps, the Blombos caves and the shell middens.
- Likewise the feeding of the eels, the ‘Tuin op die Brak’, the Museum, as well as cheese and wine tasting and locally distilled gin tasting.
- Not to mention all the shopping and eating/dining opportunities!
- Doctors, dentists, vets, pharmacies and emergency services such as the NSRI are of course also available.